- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
2014 Housing and Mental Health Forum
Supporting Communities – Leading Strategic Reform at the Local Level
FACS-Housing NSW and the Ministry of Health jointly sponsored the 2014 Housing and Mental Health Forum.
The Housing and Mental Health Forum was held on 28 May 2014 and included delegates from across the government and the non-government sector.
The Forum was held to promote good practice in delivering effective services and to inform key stakeholders of significant reforms underway within the housing, homelessness and mental health sectors.
Presentations are available below from the Forum.
Mental Health and Housing – The future
NDIS – Housing and Mental Health interfaces
- Phil Berry, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Cross Agency Coordinator, FACS Ageing Disability and Home Care
The mental health of people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
Dr Lucinda Burns, Associate Professor, National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales
Integrated service responses to mental health problems among people experiencing homelessness
Reform at the District Level
Southern NSW District Implementation and Coordinating Committee (DIACC) Achievements
- Fiona Beston, Strategic Coordinator Partnerships, Southern NSW Local Health District
- Steve Shanahan, Director Housing Services, Southern NSW District, NSW Department of Family and Community Services
Towards a Child Health and Wellbeing Plan: Reflections on the development process
- Daniel Barakate, A/Director Business Strategy and Reform, Sydney District, NSW Department of Family and Community Services
- Brett Louat, Director Housing Services, Sydney District, NSW Department of Family and Community Services
- Stephanie North, Senior Planner, Planning Unit, Sydney Local Health District