- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
FACS Scholarships are now open
FACS is offering Scholarships to help students enrolled in education or training to complete their studies. Successful applicants will receive $1,000 to help with education related expenses.
Applications for the 2018 FACS Scholarships are now open. Applications can be submitted via the online application form. Entries close 5pm, Friday 23 February 2018.
Who can qualify?
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- living in social housing (which includes public, community or Aboriginal housing), on the NSW Housing Register, receiving FACS private rental assistance, living in crisis/supported accommodation, or living in out-of-home care
- studying in Year 10, 11 or 12 at a NSW high school or TAFE, completing a school based apprenticeship or traineeship, or studying a VET subject at school in 2018
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- not earning an income higher than the NSW social housing eligibility limits (if earning an income).
Can scholarship recipients reapply each year?
Students who received a scholarship in 2017 can reapply in 2018. The new scholarships program means that students can receive continued financial support throughout their schooling journey for a maximum of 7 years for each year of continued studies.
What can the scholarship funds be used for?
Scholarship funds can be used for, but not limited to, purchasing educational materials or services including:
- text books, workbooks, study guides and stationery
- specialist equipment (e.g. art, music or photographic materials)
- course costs (including materials), excursions, study camps, sporting costs
- computer software, printer, internet
- childcare and transport
- medical and support needs.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org