- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
FACS High School Scholarships
Applications for the 2017 High School Scholarships are now open.
We recognise that focusing on studies can be difficult when students are worried about money. FACS has introduced a new scholarship program to support students enrolled in education to complete their studies.
Over 200 scholarships will be on offer in the 2017 academic year, including 20 recipients who will also be eligible to receive both a scholarship and mentoring.
The scholarship program awards $1,000 to each recipient to help with school expenses. The funds will be administered through the student’s school or TAFE college and can be used to buy educational materials or services, such as:
- text books, workbooks, study guides and stationery
- specialist equipment (e.g. art, music or photographic materials)
- course costs (including materials), excursions, study camps, sport
- computer software and printer
- medical needs
Who can apply for a scholarship?
Any NSW high school or TAFE college student who meets the following criteria can apply:
- Living in social housing (public, community or Aboriginal Housing), on the NSW Housing register, receiving FACS private rental assistance, living in crisis or supported accommodation or in out-of-home-care.
- Studying in Year 10, 11 or 12 at a NSW high school or TAFE college, those completing a school based apprenticeship or traineeship, school students who are doing a VET subject in 2017.
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Not earning an income higher than the NSW social housing eligibility limits (if earning an income).
Students will have the opportunity to apply for a FACS Scholarship again each year as they complete their studies. This means students can receive continued financial support throughout their schooling journey.
How to apply for a scholarship
Applications for the 2017 scholarships can be submitted via the online application form.
Applicants must have a valid email address in order to receive communication about the application.
Entries close 7pm, Friday 24 February 2017.
For more information, please call the Scholarships enquiry line on 02 8753 8673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322