- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
FACS High School Scholarships
Recipients of the 2017 FACS High School Scholarships have now been selected. A total of 255 students have been awarded scholarships and will receive $1000 to help them with their education.
This year saw over 900 young people complete a scholarship application; almost double the number who applied last year. Applicants were advised of the outcome of their application in May 2017.
FACS will be continuing the Scholarships program in 2018. Key dates will be advertised on this page later in 2017.
Who can qualify?
Scholarships are available to any NSW high school or TAFE college student who meets the following criteria:
- Living in social housing (public or community), on the NSW Housing Register, receiving FACS private rental assistance, receiving crisis/supported accommodation or be in out- of-home care.
- Studying in Year 10, 11 or 12 at a NSW high school or TAFE, those completing a school based apprenticeship or traineeship, school students who are doing a VET subject.
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
Can scholarship recipients reapply each year?
Students who received a scholarship in 2017 can reapply in 2018. The new scholarships program means that students can receive continued financial support throughout their schooling journey for a maximum of 7 years for each year of continued studies.
What can the scholarship funds be used for?
Scholarship funds can be used and not limited to purchasing educational materials or services, such as:
- text books, workbooks, study guides and stationery
- specialist equipment (e.g. art, music or photographic materials)
- course costs (including materials), excursions, study camps, sporting costs
- computer software, printer, internet
- childcare and transport
- medical and support needs
For more information, please email email@example.com