- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
Rights & Responsibilities
Housing NSW tenants have rights and responsibilities. Tenants can expect Housing NSW to meet its obligations as set out in the Residential Tenancies Agreement and manage tenancies in line with its policies.
Tenants can expect Housing NSW to meet its obligations under privacy, freedom of information, child protection and other laws when providing services.
Tenants are responsible for meeting the terms of their Residential Tenancy Agreement including:
- Paying rent on time
- Looking after their property
- Not being disruptive to neighbours
- Not using their property for an illegal purpose
- Telling Housing NSW when repairs are needed
- Telling Housing NSW about changes in their financial, household or other circumstances when this information is relevant to the services that Housing NSW provides
Housing NSW will take steps to evict tenants who repeatedly do not meet their responsibilities as tenants.