- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
Since June 2000, FACS (formerly Housing NSW ) has actively encouraged tenants to get involved and play a part in shaping the delivery of public housing through tenant participation and consultation.
Funding is set aside each year byFACS to run a number of activities that enable tenants to have a say in decisions that affect their homes and neighbourhoods.
Tenant Participation initiatives are supported by nominated District staff at a local level, and corporately by Communit Homes and Place in Ashfield.
Tenant participation aims to build partnerships between tenants and social housing providers to:
- Improve the skills, knowledge and ultimately the quality of life of social housing tenants
- Support and strengthen communities
- Improve the way social housing is delivered and managed
Tenant participation initiatives include:
- Community Development Resourcing Grants (biennial)
- Tenant Participation Resource Service
- Public Tenant Councils/Tenant Representative Organisations
- Housing Communities Assistance Program