Housing NSW Choice

This section briefly describes the circumstances in which Housing NSW may relocate a public housing tenant.

Relocating Tenants

From time to time Housing NSW may require tenants to move from their home to another social housing property. The move could be because:

  • The house is too big for the household
  • The house has been modified for a person with a disability who no longer lives there
  • The property is not owned by Housing NSW and the lease with the private landlord has expired
  • Housing NSW intends to demolish the house and re-develop the site with more modern buildings, or
  • Housing NSW intends to sell the house.

When this happens we will re-house the tenant in a dwelling that meets their needs.

For more information please see the Changing a Tenancy Policy on the Housing Pathways website.