- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
Housing NSW Choice
This section briefly describes the circumstances in which Housing NSW may relocate a public housing tenant.
From time to time Housing NSW may require tenants to move from their home to another social housing property. The move could be because:
- The house is too big for the household
- The house has been modified for a person with a disability who no longer lives there
- The property is not owned by Housing NSW and the lease with the private landlord has expired
- Housing NSW intends to demolish the house and re-develop the site with more modern buildings, or
- Housing NSW intends to sell the house.
When this happens we will re-house the tenant in a dwelling that meets their needs.