- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
NSW Premier's Council on Homelessness
The NSW Premier’s Council on Homelessness is a non-statutory advisory body to the NSW Government.
The council serves as a forum for independent experts and key sector peaks to provide the NSW Government with advice on homelessness issues and innovative, evidence-based responses. The council is convened as the Premier and Minister for Family and Community Services (FACS) require and at least once a year.
The council’s forward agenda reflects the NSW Government’s strategic homelessness priorities.
Council members include elected NSW Government representatives, FACS staff, independent members and representatives of key sector peaks.
Government and non-government subject matter experts may be invited to attend meetings on an ad-hoc basis to provide specialist advice.
Current list of members
- The Hon Gladys Berejiklian (Premier), Chair
- The Hon Pru Goward (Minister for Family and Community Services, Minister for Social Housing, and Minister for the Prevention of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault), Deputy Chair
- Mr Ben Carblis, Service Delivery representative
- Ms Taasha Layer, Service Delivery representative
- Ms Anna Buduls, Women and Homelessness representative
- Ms Lisa George, Business representative
- Ms Jenny Mahony, Mental Health and Homelessness representative
- Associate Professor Kristy Muir, Academic representative
- Mr Lesley Turner, Aboriginal representative
- Ms Maddy Humphreys, Consumer representative
- Mr Dave Jeffery, Consumer representative
- Ms Moo Baulch, Domestic Violence NSW representative
- Ms Tracy Howe, NSW Council of Social Services representative
- Ms Katherine McKernan, Homelessness NSW representative
- Ms Zoë Robinson, YFoundations representative
- Commissioner Catherine Lourey, Mental Health Commission of NSW representative
- Ms Deidre Mulkerin, Department of Family and Community Services representative
- Assistant Commissioner Rosemary Caruana, Department of Justice representative
- Ms Amy Wyndham, Ministry of Health representative
- Guest: Ms Anne Hoban, City of Sydney representative