Are you homeless?

We can help you if you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.


Link2home is the new, statewide homelessness information and referral telephone service.

It brings together several homelessness telephone services including the Homeless Persons Information Centre (HPIC), Youth Connect and the After Hours Temporary Accommodation (TA) line.

For information, assessment or referral to homelessness services and support in NSW, call Link2home on 1800 152 152.

Link2home is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.

From 9am to 10pm daily, Link2home provides callers with information, assessments and referrals to homelessness support and accommodation services across NSW.

Between the hours of 10 at night and 9 in the morning, Link2home provides information and assessment only and will refer people to emergency services if required. Referral to accommodation and support services will not be possible during these hours.

Callers to Link2home will receive one or more of the following:

  • information about local services
  • an assessment to determine what kind of help is needed
  • referral to appropriate specialist homelessness services, support services, temporary accommodation and/or other services.

Link2home also provides information about homelessness services across NSW to SHS providers and homelessness advocates acting on behalf of clients.

Client Survey

The University of NSW Social Policy Research Centre (SPRC) is currently conducting a survey of anyone who is currently receiving support from specialist homelessness services in NSW, has recently received services, or tried to receive support but did not get it. The survey includes questions about your experience with Link2home. The survey will be available until 29 July 2016 and is available at https://www.surveys.unsw.edu.au/f/161924/2728/.

Clients who complete the survey can go into a draw to win one of two iPads. More information is available here.

Emergency Help

Emergency temporary accommodation

Housing NSW provides emergency temporary accommodation in low-cost hotels, motels, caravan parks and similar accommodation for people who are or homeless or experience a housing crisis. For further information please contact your local Housing NSW office for more information.

Contact your local housing provider

You can contact your nearest Housing Pathways participating housing provider for housing advice and assistance. They can also help you to apply for longer term housing.

Deaf, hearing impaired and speech impaired access

If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service:

  • TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 1800 422 322
  • Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 422 322
  • Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 422 322

Help for Indigenous Australians

Call 1800 727 555 (freecall) or visit the NSW Aboriginal Housing Office at www.aho.nsw.gov.au.

Interpreting Services

If you need help with interpreting or translation because English is not your first language, phone the All Graduates Translating and Interpreting Service on 1300 652 488. They will phone the housing organisation and interpret for you for free.