Housing contact centre

Housing contact centre

Sep 2016

Housing contact centre

The Housing Contact Centre is a one-stop-shop for tenants, applicants, agencies, and members of the public.

Every year we receive approximately 1.5 million contacts, including over 3,500 per calls daily. We receive enquiries covering everything from requests for crisis accommodation for the homeless and those fleeing domestic violence, to information and assistance in accessing the private rental market or applications for social housing.

How to contact us

It’s simple! Just Phone 1800 422 322 for:

  • General Enquiries
  • Rentstart
  • Account Enquiries
  • Housing Applications
  • Fraud or Corruption Reports
  • Feedback

If you are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and wish to speak to an aboriginal staff member, please let the operator know and they will arrange this for you (Monday to Friday 08.30am – 4.30pm).

Information and forms can be found at our website www.housing.nsw.gov.au. Alternatively you can call the Housing Contact Centre with any enquires about the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) Housing products and services, including your rent and water accounts.

Rentstart Bond Loans provides financial assistance to people on low incomes so they can rent a home in the private market. Under Rentstart Bond Loans, FACS may be able to assist you with a loan of up to 75 per cent of your rental bond to establish a tenancy. The loan is interest free and repayable to FACS. Any payments you make can be returned to you area the end of the tenancy is there is no claim made by the landlord or the real estate agent.

Application forms and information can be found at www.housingpathways.nsw.gov.au or alternatively, please call us for further information.

We welcome all feedback which can be lodged via our website, www.housing.nsw.gov.au. Alternatively, please call 1800 422 322 with your comments and feedback. We will respond within 15 working days.

1800 152 152

If you are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless you can call Link2Home from anywhere in NSW. We can give you information or refer you to a service that can best help you with accommodation and support. Link2Home operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

  • You are from a non-English speaking background and require an interpreter. Please call Interpreter Assistance on 1300 652 488.
  • If you are deaf or hearing impaired. Please call National Relay Service 1800 555 660.
  • have a pen and paper ready
  • if you are a tenant, have your Client Reference Number ready to give to the operator.
  • make sure you have the information you wish to talk about handy
  • remember, if you aren’t sure about anything just ask!

Calls to the 1800 422 322 number is free to call from landlines and most mobiles.

Are all your questions answered?

For more information call the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322, visit www.housing.nsw.gov.au, or visit your local FACS office.

Translation service

If you need help with interpreting or translation because English is not your first language, phone the All Graduates Translating and Interpreting Service on 1300 652 488. They will phone the housing organisation and interpret for you for free.

إذا كنت بحاجة للمساعدة في الترجمة الشفهية أو الترجمة لأن اللغة الإنجليزية ليست لغتك الأولى، اتصل بشركة "أول جراديويتس" All Graduates على الرقم 1300 652 488.

如果你的母語不是英語,需要口譯或筆譯幫助,請致電All Graduates,電話號碼:1300 652 488。

Nếu quý vị cần hỗ trợ biên dịch hoặc phiên dịch vì tiếng Anh không phải là ngôn ngữ chính của quý vị, vui lòng gọi All Graduates theo số 1300 652 488.