Client Feedback Service

Client Feedback Service

Feb 2016

Client Feedback Service

The Client Feedback Service lets us know what you think about the services we provide. Information is collected about compliments, suggestions or complaints so we can improve our services to our clients.

Changes to your household

Client feedback is not the same as disagreeing with a decision we have made. We have a separate process for dealing with a request to have a decision reviewed. For more information please see the Appeals and reviewing decisions fact sheet.

Your feedback is essential because it allows us to monitor our performance and effectiveness. It also helps us determine what is working well and where we need to change or improve our service.

What we would like to receive feedback about

  • compliments on how a service was delivered to you and services that you were happy with
  • when staff and contractors were helpful, listened to you and provided good service
  • suggestions that can help improve our services
  • concerns you may have about your neighbourhood such as antisocial behaviour, property care issues, unauthorised alterations or illegal activity.

You can also lodge a complaint about:

  • the services we provide
  • the way you have been treated by staff and contractors, including rude or dismissive behaviour
  • contractor conduct, for example not turning up to appointments or not providing information on how to protect your health and safety
  • the way we use or disclose your personal information (including health information).

How do I provide feedback?

You can provide feedback by:

  • phoning 1800 422 322, Monday to Friday 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
  • mailing a Client Feedback Form
  • emailing feedback@facs.nsw.gov.au

To report fraud or corruption by staff, contractors or clients visit our website and select Reporting fraud or corruption from the Contact Us menu.

How we respond to complaints

Complaints will be acknowledged and reviewed, usually within 15 working days.

The person managing the complaint will tell you:

  • the outcome of the complaint, or
  • if there will be a delay in reviewing the complaint.

What if I am unhappy about the outcome?

Complaints regarding a privacy issue may take up to 60 days to be completed. For more information about how a complaint is managed see the Client Service Delivery and Appeals Policy.

If you are unhappy with the outcome or the way a complaint has been managed, you should first contact your local office to discuss the matter. You can also contact an external agency such as the NSW Ombudsman, the Tenancy Advocacy Service or the Community Justice Centre. If your complaint was about a privacy issue you can contact the Information and Privacy Commission NSW.

Are all your questions answered?

For more information call the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322, visit www.housing.nsw.gov.au, or visit your local FACS office.

Translation service

If you need help with interpreting or translation because English is not your first language, phone the All Graduates Translating and Interpreting Service on 1300 652 488. They will phone the housing organisation and interpret for you for free.

إذا كنت بحاجة للمساعدة في الترجمة الشفهية أو الترجمة لأن اللغة الإنجليزية ليست لغتك الأولى، اتصل بشركة "أول جراديويتس" All Graduates على الرقم 1300 652 488.

如果你的母語不是英語,需要口譯或筆譯幫助,請致電All Graduates,電話號碼:1300 652 488。

Nếu quý vị cần hỗ trợ biên dịch hoặc phiên dịch vì tiếng Anh không phải là ngôn ngữ chính của quý vị, vui lòng gọi All Graduates theo số 1300 652 488.