- Print this page
- Decrease the text size
- Increase the text size
Purpose & Values
Helping build a stronger community by providing housing solutions for people in need.
In working towards this purpose Housing NSW:
- works with other departments, agencies and other organisations to address homelessness in NSW
- manages NSW’s public housing portfolio
- funds and regulates the provision of community housing and crisis accommodation
- manages Aboriginal public housing for the Aboriginal Housing Office
- plays a key role in developing policy and supporting relationships to increase access to the supply of affordable housing across NSW
- provides a range of products and services to assist people into the private rental market and home ownership and
- provides policy advice to government and manages the Housing Act 2001 and associated legislation.
Our values outline the behaviours that we will demonstrate in working towards our purpose.
We make a difference
We are committed to making a sustainable difference to social outcomes. We are committed to achieving this with fairness and integrity. We aim to make our actions socially, economically and environmentally sustainable.
We are committed to helping people in need. We try to understand and respond compassionately to our client’s circumstances. We empower people to make informed decisions.
We work together
We are committed to treating everyone with respect – each other, our clients, our partners and the broader community. We work as a team, while remembering that we are individually accountable. We work towards finding practical and affordable solutions.
We are part of the community
We are committed to serving and strengthening the community. We aim to work with our partners.