You are here: Home  Contact Us  

Contact Us Overview

Housing Contact Centre

Telephone 1300 HOUSING (1300 468 746)


The Housing Contact Centre delivers a wide range of services to tenants 24 hours a day, every day of the year:

  • Maintenance (24 hours/7 days)
    Our busiest times are from 7.30am – 10.00am and 4.30pm – 6.30pm on weekdays, and from 8.00am – 10.30am on Saturdays. So if your call isn’t urgent you should phone us outside of these hours.
  • General enquiries (24 hours/7 days)
  • Feedback – suggestions, compliments and complaints (Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 4.30pm)
  • Home Purchase Advisory Service (24 hours/7 days)
  • Rentstart (Monday to Friday: 8.00am – 6.00pm and Saturday: 10.00am – 3.00pm)
  • Reports of fraud or corruption (Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 4.30pm)

For more information about our services:

  • Housing Contact Centre Brochure (PDF, 485KB)

  • Link2home 1800 152 152 (free call)


    Link2home is a single, state-wide telephone service for homelessness enquiries in NSW. Link2home provides assistance to people who are homeless or at risk of being homelessness by offering access to specialised support and accommodation services.


    From 9am to 10pm daily, Link2home provides information, assessments and referrals to homelessness services across NSW.


    Between the hours of 10pm and 9am, Link2home provides information, assessments and refer to emergency services if required. Referral to accommodation and support services is not available during these hours.


    Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders


    If you are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and wish to speak to an Aboriginal staff member, please call 1300 HOUSING and let the operator know and they will arrange this for you. (Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 4.30pm).


    Deaf, hearing impaired and speech impaired access


    If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service:

    • TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 1300 468 746
    • Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 468 746
    • Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1300 468 746

    Top of page

    Interpreter and Language Services

    If you need help with interpreting or translation because English is not your first language, phone the All Graduates Translating and Interpreting Service on 1300 652 488. They will phone the housing organisation and interpret for you for free.

    Top of page

    Client Feedback Service


    To make a comment or suggestion about our services, or to make a complaint, you can:

    Top of page

    Reporting fraud or corruption

    Top of page

    Right to Information Unit (formerly Freedom of Information Unit)


    Right to Information Officer
    Ph: (02) 8753 8400

  • Formal Access Application Form (PDF, 113KB)
  • Top of page

    Film & Photographic Requests


    Housing NSW receives many requests to provide its dwellings for film/television/video/photographic projects. Each request is considered on its merit and Housing NSW actively supports the Australian Film and Television industry in accommodating all reasonable requests and requirements.


    For you to undertake filming at one of our properties we will require:

    • Evidence of Public Liability cover for minimum $10 million for any single claim
    • A 'Letter of Agreement' - a legal document signed by both parties that sets out conditions for approval of filming proposal and realisation of final product

    For any further information please contact Public Communications Unit on (02) 9716 2804.

    Top of page


    Housing NSW Head Office


    Address: Level 2, 223-239 Liverpool Road, Ashfield, NSW, Australia 2131
    Ph: (02) 8753 8000
    Fax: (02) 8753 8888
    Post: Locked Bag 4001, Ashfield BC NSW 1800

    Top of page

    Community and Private Market Housing Directorate


    To enquire about Community and Private Market Housing, contact:


    Address: Level 3, 223-239 Liverpool Road, Ashfield, NSW, Australia 2131
    Ph: (02) 8753 8280
    Fax: (02) 8753 8294

    If you are a community housing tenant, contact your local housing provider for all tenancy and maintenance issues.

  • Community Housing Providers by NSW State Electorate (Excel, 126KB)
  • Top of page

    Registrar of Community Housing


    The Registrar of Community Housing is the regulatory authority for community housing providers in NSW.


    Registrar of Community Housing
    Locked Bag 4001, Ashfield BC 1800
    Ph: 1800 330 940 | F: (02) 8741 2522


    The Registrar does not provide accommodation and is unable to assist with accommodation requests. To enquire about accommodation, please contact 1300 468 746.

    Top of page

    In This Section

  • List of Offices
  • Find an Office
  • Feedback
  • Report Fraud or Misconduct
  • Keeping in touch

  • Last modified: Friday, 27 November 2015

    Housing NSW © 2015
    Date last modified: Friday, 27 November 2015